American Idol Forum Forum Index

<  American Idol Season 7 Forum  ~  American Idol April 15, 2008 Show Recap - Mariah Carey Night

admin
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 01 Jan 1970 Posts: 204
The nights show was to sing Mariah Carey songs. Mariah Carey was present to advice the contestants before the show.

Brooke White, sang "Hero" and it didn't go well. Simon Cowell said it was like getting a hamburger without the meat.

David Archuleta sang "When You Believe" and of course Mariah suggested he try out his falsetto. Shocker.

Randy loved it and said, "That was the bomb, baby!"

Sigh, Kristy Lee Cook is still in this thing. She sang "Forever," which Mariah lied "could be a hit for you." My guess is that this is her last show and she would be the one to leave this time.

David Cook earned top nods of the night with "Always Be My Baby." Simon said it was like "coming out of karaoke hell into a breath of fresh air. It was original; it was daring; it stood out by a mile."

Cook wiped away tears as a camera panned to his brother in the audience who is suffering from brain cancer.

Carly Smithson picked “Without You.”, probably the worst choice of the evening. Simon said Carly she didn’t really pull it off.

Syesha Mercado sang “Vanishing" but it wasn't that good, prompting Simon to say the choice was good technically but the song was too obscure.

Jason Castro closed the show with "I Don't Want to Cry." It was a soft and cool rendition, though Randy said he felt like he was "at a weird beach luau."

However, Paula Abdul countered that she would like to be at that luau listening all night long. Simon agreed with Paula and added: "The guys have completely won the night."
idolrocks2008
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quote
i love mariah...so this episode was one of my faves!