American Idol Forum Forum Index

<  American Idol Season 8 Forum  ~  Is there corruption in how the spotlight is always on Adam?

Do you think there is some type of corruption within the producers of this show when it comes to Adam always being in the spotlight?

YES  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

NO  
90%
  [ 10 ]  90%

MAYBE  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Total Votes : 11
stevo89
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I know I'm new and forgive me for such a strong subject on my first posting but what you need to know about me is that I'm joining this forum because I am wanting to know if it's just me or is there something or someone with money or power (producer?) giving way too much spotlight to Adam Lambert this season which does, IMO, give him an unfair advantage. For example, Ryan always talks to him first on elimination night and points out the amazing comments about him, The judges are always comparing the other contestants to him and his performances and my favorite questionable thing, That cut off night so he would have to be judged apart from all the rest of the contestants (it just happens to be a coincidence that it was him at the end - yeah right) Rolling Eyes

I am a fair person and I have to give credit where credit is due and state that Adam is great and very talented but so is most every other contestant on the show and they deserve just as much spotlight as Adam. I'm a big Danny and Alison fan and I do like Adam until he hits the higher notes. I thought the song he did tonight was great but he actually fricking did his scream thing in the middle of a slower Donna Summer song. I thought that was just plain stupid but as usual, the judges praised him.

Another thing about me is that I love "different" but I don't like "annoying". I was a huge David Cook fan last season because he was just amazing and different not "annoying". IMO if you were to put David Cook against Adam Lambert, David Cook would rip him to shreds "so to speak". I am getting so frustrated Mad with how much they put Adam in the spotlight. I have analyzed my emotions about this and can honestly say it's not about my faves winning it's about my favorite show (with the exception of "Heroes") becoming corrupt. I told my wife today that if I can lodge a formal complaint against American Idol about this I will.

Does anyone else agree that he's getting way too much air time and praise on the show? I'm curious to know how many Idol fans agree with this "corruption" theory. Evil or Very Mad
WatchMe
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
If the judges' opinions affected how viewers felt and gave contestants an advantage or disadvantage, Lil Rounds would have been booted off 5 to 6 episodes ago--they've all given her bad feedback since Top 36.

It doesn't seem that a producer (or other person with "money or power") would force Idol to give Adam attention. If a person did have enough money and power to do that, he or she would just promote Adam after the show rather than waste money trying to influence Idol producers to do it.
admin
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 01 Jan 1970 Posts: 204
I do not think that they are giving him extra attention...it is just that all judges really likehim the best and voice their opinions. However, I wondered a few weeks ago if Adam's perfromance was purposly left for the end of the show for ratings purposes.

I truly myself believe that Adam is the best talent this year and is better than David Cook. I also think he will be more successful than David Cook. Just look at the first video here and be teh judge of his talent:
http://www.idolfanforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=499
stevo89
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
WatchMe wrote:
If the judges' opinions affected how viewers felt and gave contestants an advantage or disadvantage, Lil Rounds would have been booted off 5 to 6 episodes ago--they've all given her bad feedback since Top 36.

It doesn't seem that a producer (or other person with "money or power") would force Idol to give Adam attention. If a person did have enough money and power to do that, he or she would just promote Adam after the show rather than waste money trying to influence Idol producers to do it.

Yeah, I can agree with that comment for the most part but as you probably already know it depends on who they are talking good or bad about also and it depends on which judge/judges are saying the bad comments. I think it might even be effected by the contestants reactions to comments also. There are a lot of factors involved in how the judges comments affect Americas votes and I definitely don't think it's cut and dry at all. I also think that constant praise and comparison to his performances is going to be the most effective way to sway Americas votes because the more they praise him and put him in the spotlight the more people who are not in to him will start questioning whether or not they should be. It's the old "brainwash" method.

Here's my favorite example of this:

If you were to take a random vote of which Camaro year people would prefer to own you would most likely get a “hands down” answer of 1969. I recently owned a 1971 Camaro (a beautiful car) and it was in my opinion the best looking Camaro (1970 – 1973) built due to its sleek rounded body and lower stance and just plain beautiful lines. I’ve always been frustrated that the (’70 -’73) hasn’t gotten the attention or recognition it deserved up until recently because the 1969 Camaro was from ’69 on considered the best Camaro to own and it has been the most sought after because of its publicity and constant praise. If you were to attend cruise-ins or shows you would see a 5-10 to 1 ratio of the ’69 to the ’70-’73. Yes, it is a great car but is it really better than the ’70 -’73? I don’t think so at all. It’s just different. To prove my theory, a while back I asked quite a few people who had seen my car to really take a good look at it/study it and then tell me if they liked the ’69 better and almost all of them said absolutely not. They said, it’s just different not better. But most Camaro owners up until recently did not have enough exposure to the ’70-’73 so if you were to cast a vote which Camaro is the best of all time I think the ’69 would win for sure. Is it really better, not necessarily. Does it deserve the highest honor, not necessarily. I know that this is much different than what’s going on with the praise of Adam but I believe it’s the same “brainwash” theory. I personally think that whoever is doing it is not necessarily paying anyone to do it, I just think that they are in a good position to give him as much publicity as possible by doing it “under the radar.”

I believe that whoever is doing this (if it is happening) knows what they are doing and either doesn’t think that anyone will notice or doesn’t think anyone can prove it or just doesn’t care.
stevo89
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote
admin wrote:
I do not think that they are giving him extra attention...it is just that all judges really likehim the best and voice their opinions. However, I wondered a few weeks ago if Adam's perfromance was purposly left for the end of the show for ratings purposes.

I truly myself believe that Adam is the best talent this year and is better than David Cook. I also think he will be more successful than David Cook. Just look at the first video here and be teh judge of his talent:
http://www.idolfanforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=499

I watched the videos and like I said before, you've got to give credit where credit is due. He is very talented but like I said before you can be talented and not annoying. Am I the only one that cringes when he uses his higher voice? It makes me think that I'm listening to a cheesy '80's rock band (not a good one). I enjoy his performances until those high notes come in. When I said that Cook would destroy him I meant that overall he has the whole package (talent, killer voice, stage presence, creativity, and not annoying). Yes, one could definitely argue that Adam has more raw talent than Cook. But you wouldn't have to worry so much about a love/hate vote tally with him as you would Adam. I do respect your opinion and good luck with your fave. I myself won't go near any of Adam's albums if he's going to IMO butcher a song with that high voice and I"m hoping other people agree and vote accordingly.
luvamidol
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I could listen to Adam sing the phone book and be happy.
stevo89
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quote
luvamidol wrote:
I could listen to Adam sing the phone book and be happy.

Good for you! I don't understand how but hey, to each his/her own.
LuzdeVela
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quote
Adam was not given any extra attention in the early stages. His audition was no longer than many of the others. He wasn't any more heavily featured during Hollywood week than many of the others. The early judges' and editing pimps were Danny, Matt and Lil. They were also the early front runners, particularly Danny.

The first time Adam got any favour was in the being given the pimp spot in his heat of the last 36. Even then the judges' comments were mixed. The comments were unanimously good in the first show of the last 13 because his performance deserved it. Adam's performances have not been wholly favourable since but people who it doesn't suit choose to forget that and when they have been favourable, it has been because his performance has deserved it.

Adam has got the media attention and fan attention and international attention because his performances, personality talent, performance and charisma have earnt it. I don't see the corruption or anything else untoward in that.

Basically, you're a Danny and Allison fan and as a fan of other contestants, you are not unique in the way you feel but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest any untoward bias. I do not subscribe to Adam being the chosen one.

Please get your facts right, he sang a Bee Gees/Yvonne Elliman song, not a Donna Summer song. As for the "scream", if you find it strange in that song, you haven't been listening to many great balladeers of today and the history of contemporary music.

Re David Cook, much as I like him and supported him last year, Adam would sing him and perform him into the next continent.
GoodKingJohn
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
[quote="stevo89"]
WatchMe wrote:

Here's my favorite example of this:

If you were to take a random vote of which Camaro year people would prefer to own you would most likely get a “hands down” answer of 1969. I recently owned a 1971 Camaro (a beautiful car) and it was in my opinion the best looking Camaro (1970 – 1973) built due to its sleek rounded body and lower stance and just plain beautiful lines. I’ve always been frustrated that the (’70 -’73) hasn’t gotten the attention or recognition it deserved up until recently because the 1969 Camaro was from ’69 on considered the best Camaro to own and it has been the most sought after because of its publicity and constant praise. If you were to attend cruise-ins or shows you would see a 5-10 to 1 ratio of the ’69 to the ’70-’73. Yes, it is a great car but is it really better than the ’70 -’73? I don’t think so at all. It’s just different. To prove my theory, a while back I asked quite a few people who had seen my car to really take a good look at it/study it and then tell me if they liked the ’69 better and almost all of them said absolutely not. They said, it’s just different not better. But most Camaro owners up until recently did not have enough exposure to the ’70-’73 so if you were to cast a vote which Camaro is the best of all time I think the ’69 would win for sure. Is it really better, not necessarily. Does it deserve the highest honor, not necessarily. I know that this is much different than what’s going on with the praise of Adam but I believe it’s the same “brainwash” theory. I personally think that whoever is doing it is not necessarily paying anyone to do it, I just think that they are in a good position to give him as much publicity as possible by doing it “under the radar.”

I believe that whoever is doing this (if it is happening) knows what they are doing and either doesn’t think that anyone will notice or doesn’t think anyone can prove it or just doesn’t care.

this is a great posting. I have been harping on this for years. unfortunately, people do not realize the extent to which they are brainwashed. sure brainwashed is a STRONG word and sure not everyone is brainwashed

I will give another great example (and there are many I could cite) having to do with AI. when there were 24 people in season 6, Lakisha (who sung last by the way) was the favorite. Simon said that the 'other 23 might as well pack their bags" because it is over. on dialidol, which is usually accurate, she was head and shoulders ahead of everyone else in the polling.

but what happened ultimately? although she did finish a respectable fourth, the judges were no longer giving her high praise, and SOME of the public (enough to make a difference) followed suit. now, let me ask you. did she start singing differently? of course not. for the most part, people sing the same every week. its much like riding a bike. I understand that different songs need diffferent ranges, but FOR THE MOST PART, if you have range one week, you dont lose it the next week, etc.

I know the judges are a big part of the show, but I wonder how the voting would go if they did not give their feedback. it would be a 'truer' reflection of who people REALLY like.

as it is, the positioning of the singers aside, what they merely say has a big, big impact....
globalprintsupply
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
LuzdeVela wrote:
Adam was not given any extra attention in the early stages. His audition was no longer than many of the others. He wasn't any more heavily featured during Hollywood week than many of the others. The early judges' and editing pimps were Danny, Matt and Lil. They were also the early front runners, particularly Danny.

The first time Adam got any favour was in the being given the pimp spot in his heat of the last 36. Even then the judges' comments were mixed. The comments were unanimously good in the first show of the last 13 because his performance deserved it. Adam's performances have not been wholly favourable since but people who it doesn't suit choose to forget that and when they have been favourable, it has been because his performance has deserved it.

Adam has got the media attention and fan attention and international attention because his performances, personality talent, performance and charisma have earnt it. I don't see the corruption or anything else untoward in that.

Basically, you're a Danny and Allison fan and as a fan of other contestants, you are not unique in the way you feel but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest any untoward bias. I do not subscribe to Adam being the chosen one.

Please get your facts right, he sang a Bee Gees/Yvonne Elliman song, not a Donna Summer song. As for the "scream", if you find it strange in that song, you haven't been listening to many great balladeers of today and the history of contemporary music.

Re David Cook, much as I like him and supported him last year, Adam would sing him and perform him into the next continent.

You seem to know a lot about music. Thanks for sharing.
fanidol
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Who knows for sure?
helinnahanum
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
i initially thought Adam Lambert to be one of the best contestant, ever thare was on AI. he stands out in most performances regardless of genre. and while the judges wax lyrical about his ability to "connect" with the songs he sings and the way he "adam-ise" every piece he performs, theres just something about Adam that fails to "reach ' me. dont get me wrong - he is like fedex - perferct delivery everytime. but thats just it. His perfection makes him too 'untouchable'- he is in the zone as Randy says. but its a zone that precludes and excludes everyone else save him.

kris is obviously not a match for adam - he hasnt the swagger, the finesse nor the perfection. his delivery is sometimes flawed. but you know, its the very fact that he seems almost bewildered by his own success and the fact that he still thinks he's not quite "there" that makes him so much more loveable. and lets face it, votes are not really based on how talented the singers are but a whole package. how good is a given - they are in the finals- but its the sincerity by which kris sings... he sings his heart and soul out and u can literally see him crossing his fingers, hoping that he'd done good enough.

back to adam - when adam, or rather, before adam even starts u can feel the confidence oozing from every pore in his body - his stance, his clothes, his 'calculated" come-hither smouldering stare - he woos the camera, he injects his persona ( not his personality) - the crowd is overwhelmed by adam from the get go. he knows it. he maximises it. thats the unfair advantage. and of course the studio loves it. i mean he is a natural born, star..

it wouldve been perfect if the finale had been about two sincere contestant, even playing field, raw talent... danny and kris..

[color=#]after all adam has already made it. whats he competing for?
[/color]
so america vote with heart. vote kris. if only we who watch from over here could vote as well.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil