American Idol Forum Forum Index

<  Everything Else  ~  Todd Rundgren a Great Opportunity for Contestants

minders
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 am Reply with quote
Todd Rundgren is a wonderful and prolific musician and his music would be a BOON for the show. His versatility would offer the contestants many different genres/styles to choose from and the tv audience would probably be surprised to learn that they have loved a Todd song all along, but never knew it was him. I was actually on the AI forums a few years ago and suggested Todd as the musical guest, but 'no one listened'! AI, Please listen... Very Happy
Runt
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote
His music would provide a great opportunity for the contestants. They have a wide choice of musical styles to choose from. Also since they are not "iconic" songs, they could really put their finger prints on them, make them their own and show the voters who they are.

The two things that the judges always comment about is song choice and making it their own. Well Todd's catalogue gives them that opportunity.
minders
Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
WELL said, Runt!!!!!
TeresaShirley
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:33 am Reply with quote
Keep our dream alive AI, accept our recommendations for Todd Rundgren's music for contestant selections and for guest judge.

I cannot think of a more well rounded musician to learn from as an upcomming talent. He started out playing guitar, has produced many artists through the years, written songs, plays numerous instruments and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to being an entertainer.

I for one would like to see some acknowledgement from the admin, some recognition, if not we will bring it even harder and keep posting and flooding the waves.

"A DREAM GOES ON FOREVER"
PerryMorelli
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:25 am Reply with quote
stop