American Idol Forum Forum Index

<  Everything Else  ~  American Idol Week Todd Rundgren #8 Power Pop of All Time

chelababy1
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
Ladies and Gentlemen. Todd Rundgren is listed in the Greatest Top 100 Power Pop Artists of All Time. He is number 8 . That means he's in the Top 10 ! There's got to be a Reason, and it would enliven your #9 Season.

Here's a List of Every Genre in Rock, Rap, Pop ,Metal ,Blues, Soul R& B, Hip Hop, Dance, Trance, etc.

I am simply sending you the POWER POP Page to see for yourselves. Todd Rundgren has a wealth of songs besides the few Hits you are Familiar with. Some of them are just wonderful and entertaining.

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_artists-Power-Pop.html

Please take the 5 seconds to look at this list, so you can see with your own eyes that this is true. I'd like to definately see an American Idol Week with Contestants taking the challenge of singing some of these Pop Gems.

Thank You In Advance For Taking a Peek...
PerryMorelli
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote
I truly enjoyed the link you posted! #number 8! And #number 1 was produced by Todd Rundgren! Thx ...chelababy1
chelababy1
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quote
RE: http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_artists-Power-Pop.html

Thanks for Your opinion Perry !! Yes Todd Rundgren is not only a Power Pop King , but He is One of the best Producers Ever.. People should know He produced Meatloaf.. "Bat Out of Hell" one of the Biggest Selling Albums of All Time.. Wouldn't mind Contestants doing one from that Album either ! Todd has produced so many wonderful Albums too and he wrote the first Color Program for Apple Computer, and was a Pioneer in Music Videos..Todd Rundgren is such a wonderful all-rounded Talent, and a Genius !

Of course it is more important to have Todd's own written Music heard... Great Stuff. People would be Pleasantly Surprised, and definitely enjoy it. I think ratings on American Idol would go Up Up Up !!!
Robert Johnston
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Just to add my support for the above comments.I can only echo what has been said. Chelababy not only passes her opinion but backs it up with statistics taken from a bona fida source,you must take note of this.For me there is no risk involved it'll be a winner. How often do you get the opportunity to have the writer the performer the producer the ecclectic wit all from one source.Where I come from it's a no brainer.Bring on Todd Rundgren please.