American Idol Forum Forum Index

<  American Idol General Discussion Forum  ~  Paula Abdul May not retrurn American Idol next season

angelina
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Paula's manager reported that Paula Abdul may not return for the 9th seasons of American Idol, due to contract disagreements.

"She's not a happy camper as a result of what's going on. She's hurt. She's angry," David Sonenberg, the "Idol" judge's manager, told the newspaper on Friday.

Her new manager claimed they have yet to receive a new offer.

"I find it under these circumstances particularly unusual; I think unnecessarily hurtful," he said. "I find it kind of unconscionable and certainly rude and disrespectful that they haven't stepped up and said what they want to do."

The result of the stalled negotiations, David said, is that Paula is unlikely to be back on the show she's judged for eight previous seasons.

"Very sadly, it does not appear that she's going to be back on 'Idol,'" he said.

Recently it was reported that Ryan Seacrest signed a 3-year renewal for $45 million, which makes him the highest paying host on TV.

Judge Simon Cowell is also in negotiations to renew his contract, while third judge Randy Jackson is attached to the show through 2011.

Auditions for the new seasons will began on August 6th, which means there is not much time left for negotiations.
luxuryhomes
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
It's official. Paula announced yesterday that she will not be returned due to contract disagreements.